Hong Kong Entry Requirements during/post COVID-19 Pandemic
For details on how to enter Hong Kong and vaccination and COVID-19 testing requirements, please visit the Hong Kong government’s COVID-19 Thematic Website.
Hong Kong has a wide variety of hotels catering to all types of travellers. Both budget consious travellers as well as those looking for five-star luxury should be able to find accommodation suitable to their requirements.
One of the hotels which is relatively inexpensive and located near our markaz is the Bishop Lei International House, and many visitors find this hotel convenient. Please note that the Hong Kong Jamaat has no relationship or negotiated rates with this hotel and cannot take responsibility for any discrepancies on their website.
Transport within Hong Kong and to China
Hong Kong has an excellent and relatively inexpensive public transport system. Below are links to some of the most useful websites related to moving around Hong Kong and travelling to China:
- Airport Express – Trains to and from the airport to Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and Tsing Yi
- MTR – Underground and overground trains within Hong Kong and to China (Lo Wu/Luohu, Lok Ma Chau/Huanggang)
- Citybus & New World First Bus – Operates bus routes on Hong Kong Island and in Kowloon
- Kowloon Motor Bus – Operates bus routes in Kowloon
- Star Ferry – Operates ferries between Hong Kong Island and Kowloon
- Hong Kong Tramways – Operates electric tram services on Hong Kong Island
- Peak Tram – Operates tourist tram services between Central and The Peak
- Chu Kong Passenger Ferries – Operates ferry services between Hong Kong and many ports in Guangdong province, China
- Turbojet – Operates ferry services between Hong Kong and Macau
- Taxis – Taxis are easily available throughout Hong Kong and should be paid by meter
China Visa Information
If you require a Chinese visa (almost all nationalities do), ideally you should obtain this from your country before your arrival in Hong Kong. While in certain cases the Commissioner’s Office of China’s Foreign Ministry in the Hong Kong S.A.R will grant visas to visitors this is not guaranteed.
If you still wish to obtain your Chinese visa after your arrival in Hong Kong, you can find more information on the China Visa Application Service Center website.
Hong Kong Visa Information
Most visitors to Hong Kong do not require a visa and will be granted entry upon arrival. You can check whether you are eligible for visa free entry to Hong Kong on the Immigration Department website.
If you are ineligible for visa free entry, more information on how to apply for a visa is available here.